I've been nominated! / Liebster Award

Hi friends! Hope everyone is doing well.
I'm surprised and honored to have been nominated for a Liebster Award by Ani!

For this process, the rules are really simple:
  • You must answer all questions that are given to you.
  • You must link back to (and follow?) the person who nominated you.
  • When you finish this, you must nominate eleven bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
  • Provide your nominees with eleven questions of your choice.
  • You can not nominate the person who nominated you.
  • You must inform your nominees that you have nominated them.
  • Provide your nominees with a link to your blog for more information.
Now here are the questions from Ani to me!
What/who inspired you to start a blog?
I'd been following fashion blogs for about 2-3 years before starting my own. At first I went to them for inspiration (especially on a budget! Saying your shoes are Isabel Marant doesn't help me that much unless the goal is to make me drool.) but then I became addicted. When I was home for Christmas break I just decided to go for it on my own.
Who is your favourite blogger?
My favorite bloggers tend to be those with a style that is attainable and affordable, but still uniquely theirs. Examples of this would be Kendi Everyday, Bonnie from Flashes of Style, Ashlyn from Triple Thread, and Carrie from WishWishWish.
What do you love most about blogging?
Honestly it's such a good motivator. If I'm having a blah day, feeling a little out of sorts or just lazy, I think to myself: we gotta look nice and take outfit photos today. Then I'm dressed in something I love and more motivated to get those errands done or see some friends or what have you. It's sort of like a pleasant obligation, something I feel the need to do but actually really love. Plus the editing process is so fun.
If you could make one wish what would you ask for?
Honestly, less anxiety and more faith and patience that things are going to be okay. (Plus a never-ending shoe supply wouldn't hurt.)
Where is your favourite place to be?
That's tough. I love my home, but I also love to travel, but I also love my college campus in the fall...basically it varies from season to season, but always surrounded by my loved ones. (Corny, I know.)
How/where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully at a full-time teaching job I love in a semi-big city, still keeping in touch with my family, with the friends I've had since grade school, possibly with a dog/cat, and hopdfully still blogging.
What do you like most about yourself?
I like to think I'm pretty creative and that I work hard. Also that I'm a loyal friend. And that when I try, I can put together a good outfit or a good short story. 
One big regret.
Another tough one. I guess I try not to dwell on those too much or maybe I just have too many to count. I think I regret times I didn't push myself as far as I could have, or didn't use my voice when I had the chance, or obviously anytime I hurt someone I care about. I also regret not taking more music lessons.
What was the first thing you thought about this morning?
'When's breakfast?'
Favorite book.
A toss up between The God of Small Things by Ahrundati Roy and Beloved by Toni Morrison. 
What makes you smile?
Adorable little kids and pets. A really good song. Hearing/seeing my friends get really excited over something they love. Sharing a piece of Hough cake with my family.

Now I nominate the following bloggers and pose these questions to them:
Kate from Kaleidoscopiic
Alexandra from Cashmere Kangaroo
Ezrah from Kala Kelly
Onyinye from ModaVracha
Ame from That Wild Hope
Cayli from Nightchayde

What do you love most about the city you live in?
If you could change careers right now, what would you pick?
A song that's been stuck in your head recently?
Who are your favorite celebrity style icons?
An obvious one: who are your favorite fashion bloggers?
What's your favorite healthy snack?
Your guilty pleasure TV show?
Favorite childhood memory?
A trend you love (or hate)?
What type of animal would you be?
Thing you appreciate the most in a friend?

Thanks again Ani, this was pretty fun and I found a lot of new bloggers along the way! Thanks for reading, especially this time, friends - a lot of text and no photos but hope it was just as entertaining. Much love xx

Follow me on Bloglovin / Pinterest / Instagram

Comments

  1. I can totally agree with you that blogging is a "pleasant obligation"; I've never seen someone put it into those words before but they resonate with me. It's a nice activity to look forward to, and also a community that you can plug into at the end of a long day.

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top